UK Adult Dependant Relative Visa
In order to make a successful application for a UK dependant visa, you will need to meet with the following criteria;
- you must have a family member settled in the UK and you must be related in one of the following ways:
- Parent, Grandparent, Brother, Sister, Son or Daughter over the age of 18 of a person (“the Sponsor”) who is settled in the UK;
- The applicant requires long term personal care to perform everyday tasks;
- The requisite care needed by the applicant is not available to applicant in the country in which he is currently residing or it is not affordable;
- Your sponsor is able to substantiate that he is able to provide adequate maintenance, accommodation and care for you without having to rely on public funds. Your sponsor will need to sign a sponsorship undertaking form to confirm that he or she will be responsible for your care without relying on public funds for a period of at least 5 years.
UK Child Dependant Relative Visa
- In order to make a successful application for leave to enter or remain in the UK as a child dependant the applicant will need to meet with the following criteria;
- The child is under the age of 18;
- Both of the child’s parents are present and settled in the UK or have been given permission to settle here. There are exceptions to this if you can show that:
- One parent is dead and the other is settled or coming to settle here; or
- the parent who is settled or coming to settle in the UK has had sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing; or
- 1 parent is settled or coming to settle in the UK and there are serious reasons why the child must be allowed to come here.
- The child is not leading an independent life, is unmarried and is not a civil partner, and has not formed an independent family unit; and
- can, and will, be accommodated adequately by the parent, parents or relative the child is seeking to join without recourse to public funds in accommodation which the parent, parents or relative the child is seeking to join, own or occupy exclusively.
- The Child Dependant Relative visa applications usually fail on the issue of sole responsibility not being satisfied. The requirement is complex and confusing and requires detailed documentary evidence to substantiate.
Vincent Solicitors and Affordable fees
We cater to the needs of our clients by offering affordable fees and the option of flexible payment terms. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of your instructions, we are happy for you to pay in instalments; we will accept half of the agreed fixed fee at the time of initial instructions with the balance to be paid upon submission of the application.
Vincent Solicitors and SRA Compliance
We are a firm of solicitors that is authorised and regulated by the SRA to provide immigration advice. Your matter will be dealt with by qualified immigration solicitors from instruction through to completion of your immigration matter. Get in touch for a free initial consultation.