We can assist clients with all types of disputes, whether landlord or tenant; employer or employee; customer or supplier; or business or consumer.
Mr David Dunitz is a litigation solicitor with over 25 years’ experience of Court procedure and dealing with other solicitors. He is very client focused, and has the ability to assess the merits, strengths and weaknesses of the situation at hand.
David has the tenacity to see the matter through to the trial if necessary, but is also aware of the cost of litigation and the inability to guarantee the most desired result. He will therefore seek whenever possible to resolve matters in the most cost-effective way, usually by way of negotiation and mediation, always with the aim of securing the best results for the client in the circumstances.
David has experience in the following fields:-
- Landlord and Tenant: all types of Possession application, both residential and commercial, for both landlord and tenant; and claims involving breach of repair covenants and service charges; as well as Court applications for new business tenancy and lease enfranchisement.
- Debt collection from issuing demand letters to Debtors, to Court procedure involving obtaining and enforcing Judgments, including by way of bankruptcy and Company liquidation proceedings; also assisting Debtors to come to arrangements with their Creditors.
- Employment matters including unfair dismissal proceedings and advising on Settlement Agreements.
- Commercial disputes arising out of breach of contract and defective goods,
- Land disputes, including boundary walls and defective structures.
- Disputed Wills and Probate including Court applications for relief under the Inheritance (Family and Dependants) legislation.
- Personal injury cases covering road traffic accidents, accidents at work and ‘slips and trips’ in public places, in addition to applications for compensation under the Criminal Injuries legislation.
Taking advice early in relation to a potential litigation matter can potentially have great advantages for a client since the earlier such advice is taken the more opportunity there is to explore alternatives to going to court to resolve a dispute.
Furthermore, a well advised client who has the advantage of being made aware of their rights and obligations early is better equipped than an uninformed party who may be pursuing or compromising a matter unnecessarily.
Some problems will never be solved without cost, however we are committed to providing our clients with good value for money and we will provide you with the best possible information on the likely costs of a given action. We know that as a business you need to work to your budget and we will help you do this by providing you with regular updates and canvassing all possible funding options available to you. We can advise you on the need for insurance as to protect yourself from adverse costs consequences