UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa
In order to make a successful application for a UK Dependent relative visa the applicant will need to prove that he or she is a dependent of a family member who is settled in the UK.
You must meet with the eligibility requirements listed below in order to qualify for this visa, please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options available to you.
How to make a successful Adult Dependent Relative Visa
In order to qualify as an adult dependent the applicant will need to demonstrate that he or she is related in the manner listed below:
• Mother or Grandmother who is a widow aged 65 years or over
• Father or Grandfather who is a widower aged 65 years or over
• Parents or Grandparents travelling together of whom at least one is aged 65 or over
• Parent or Grandparent aged 65 or over who has remarried but cannot look to the spouse or children of the second marriage for financial support and the person settled in the United Kingdom is able and willing to support him and any dependents
• Parents or Grandparents under the age of 65, living alone, in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances and mainly dependent financially on relatives settled in Britain.
Subjective criteria of the Adult Dependent Relative Visa
The subjective criteria of this visa consist of the following:
- Requirement of long term personal care
- You need long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks, such as washing and cooking
- The care you need is not available in the country where you are living, either because it is not available and there is no person in the country where you are living who can reasonably provide the level of care required or the care available is not affordable.
Financial Requirement of the Adult Dependent Relative Visa
In order to meet with financial requirement you will need to meet with the following criteria:
- Your sponsor can show that he or she is able to provide adequate maintenance, accommodation and care for you without having to seek recourse to public funding.
- Your sponsor will need to sign a sponsorship undertaking form to confirm that they will be responsible for your care without relying on public funds for a period of at least 5 years.
- You are financially dependent on the relative present and settled in the UK
- You have no other close relatives in your country to whom you could turn to for financial assistance.
How Vincent Solicitors can assist you with making a successful Adult Dependent Relative Visa
This visa category is one of the most difficult visa’s to obtain, not only because of the stringent criteria imposed but also because of the subjective criteria an applicant has to meet . It s therefore imperative that you obtain legal advice from a specialist immigration solicitor from the outset of your immigration matter. At Vincent Solicitors our team of specialist Immigration Solicitors can access the merits of your case and devise a strategy to ensure that we obtain the best possible outcome.
Vincent Solicitors and Affordable fees
We cater to the needs of our clients by offering affordable fees and the option of flexible payment terms. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of your instructions, we are happy for you to pay in installments; we will accept half of the agreed fixed fee at the time of initial instructions with the balance to be paid upon submission of the application.
Vincent Solicitors and SRA Compliance
We are a firm of solicitors that is authorised and regulated by the SRA to provide immigration advice. Your matter will be dealt with by qualified immigration solicitors from instruction through to completion of your immigration matter. Get in touch for a free initial consultation.