Business Visitor Visa

The Business Visa is for people who are coming to the UK to conduct general business for a short period of time – such as attending meetings, negotiation and liaising  for purposes of business are all acceptable activities under the Immigration Rules.

If you are coming to the UK to carry out specific transactions or work in the UK the business Visa would not be appropriate for you. A Tier 1 Visa, Tier 2 Visa or a Tier 5 Visa may be more suited too your needs. This will be dependant on the nature of business or work you will be needing to carry out which can be determined after a consultation with us.

This Visa is a short term visa only, should you wish to come to the UK again to carry out further business we would be happy to assist you with this once you return to your country of residence. You can apply for a long-term visit visa if you are frequently visiting the UK but you must be able to show that there is a genuine need for this and ensure that you return home after every scheduled visit as per your visa restrictions.

Our team will take detailed information from you about your visit and advise the best strategy to obtaining a visa. We will then prepare and submit all necessary documentation and liaise with the UK based sponsors where appropriate.

Business Visitor Visa – This Visa is for those carrying out general business activities in the UK such as business meetings etc. which are related to their job back in their native country

Academic Visitor – For those coming to carry out academic research or academics accompanying students on a trip to the UK, the nature of the visit must be solely for academic purposes

Doctors and Dentist – For doctors and dentists who are carrying out clinical observations or for those coming to undertake the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test.

Visit Visas should be applied 3 months before intended travel and a decision on your application should be made within 3 weeks, you can check the guide processing times here.

The Visa is valid for up to 6 months or up to 1 year if you are on a academic visitor visa. You can extend your visa for a maximum of 1,2, 5 or 10 years as long as each stay does not exceed 6 months.

Those travelling on an academic visa can bring family members, but they must apply on a child visitor visa or a general visit visa

Can and Cannots

– You can do the permitted activities that are related to your job as long as you are being paid by the overseas company which you work for

– You can study for up to 30 days

– You cannot other paid or unpaid work

– You cannot get married or form a civil partnership

– You cannot receive private medical treatment

– You cannot receive any public funding

 Vincent Solicitors and Affordable fees

We cater to the needs of our clients by offering affordable fees and the option of flexible payment terms. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of your instructions, we are happy for you to pay in instalments; we will accept half of the agreed fixed fee at the time of initial instructions with the balance to be paid upon submission of the application.

Vincent Solicitors and SRA Compliance

We are a firm of solicitors that is authorised and regulated by the SRA to provide immigration advice. Your matter will be dealt with by qualified immigration solicitors from instruction through to completion of your immigration matter. Get in touch for a free initial consultation.