Vincent Solicitors has an experienced litigation team with specialist expertise in undertaking a broad range of dispute related work.
All our clients can be confident that their matter will be handled appropriately by a specialist in the relevant field.
Whatever the size and nature of the dispute, we can assist you.
We provide cost effective advice and our main objective is always to achieve the best overall outcome for our clients with as little cost as possible.
Areas of Expertise:
- Landlord and Tenant: all types of Possession application, both residential and commercial, for both landlord and tenant; and claims involving breach of repair covenants and service charges; as well as Court applications for new business tenancy and lease enfranchisement.
- Professional Negligence: claims against Solicitors, Accountants, Medical professionals, architects etc
- Professional Disciplinary: specialist defence for professions who are being investigated by their professional bodies, e.g. Solicitors, Accountants, Doctors
- Employment matters: claims for unfair dismissal proceedings, discrimination and advice on Settlement Agreements.
- Commercial disputes: disputes between businesses, partnership disputes, travel, defective goods
- Property disputes: boundary disputes, planning applications and claims against construction companies.
- Wills and Probate disputes: disputed will and court applications for relief under the Inheritance (Family and Dependents) legislation.
- Personal injury: road traffic accidents, accidents at work and ‘slips and trips’ in public places, in addition to applications for compensation under the Criminal Injuries legislation.
- Debt collection: issuing demand letters to Debtors, court procedure involving obtaining and enforcing Judgments, including by way of bankruptcy and Company liquidation proceedings; also assisting Debtors to come to arrangements with their Creditors.
Taking advice early in relation to a potential litigation matter can potentially have great advantages for a client since the earlier such advice is taken the more opportunity there is to explore alternatives to going to court to resolve a dispute.
Furthermore, a well advised client who has the advantage of being made aware of their rights and obligations early is better equipped than an uninformed party who may be pursuing or compromising a matter unnecessarily.
Some problems will never be solved without cost, however we are committed to providing our clients with good value for money and we will provide you with the best possible information on the likely costs of a given action. We know that as a business you need to work to your budget and we will help you do this by providing you with regular updates and canvassing all possible funding options available to you. We can advise you on the need for insurance as to protect yourself from adverse costs consequences.
We have achieved a superb win against Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, which has the prestigious calibre of being a Silver Circle law firm, being one of the best law firms in the world, at the Court of Appeal of the High Court RCJ Strand, the case being published with neutral citation Number:  EWCA Civ 879. ( white book will be updated accordingly).
The case was reported 6 June 2018, and published in the Times, see:
The case was heard before three Lord Justices, HHJ Mr Justice Newey gave the Judgment and HHJ McCombe and HHJ Longmore agreeing. The Appellants were represented by two Partners of Herbert Smith Freehills litigation team, Mr Donny Surtani and Mr Adam Johnson QC.