Corporate Immigration London Solicitors

EEA Residence Card

Under EU Law, EEA Nationals and Swiss nationals have the right to reside, study and work in the UK.  This also entitles them to  be accompanied by their extended family members and dependents. Under the Immigration Rules family members include unmarried partners of an EEA National, unmarried partners and extended family members, so long as they can demonstrate that they are in a durable and genuine relationship.

You must meet with the eligibility requirements listed below in order to qualify for this visa, please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options available to you.

Unmarried durable partner must be able to show the following to the UK Border Agency:

  • The EEA National must be exercising their treaty rights i.e working
  • There must be an intention to live together in the UK permanently
  • Any previous marriages must be broken down permanently
  • The parties are not involved in a consanguineous relationship with one another
  • The parties have been living together in a relationship akin to a marriage for atleast 2 years

Applying as a family member or an extended family member:

The EEA citizen you’re joining must either;

  • be in the UK already or
  • be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application.

Please note that if an EEA National is coming here as a student, it is not possible to bring extended family members only the spouse or civil partner or the EEAs  dependent child are permitted.

Length of Stay and Right to Work

The EEA Residence permit is granted for up to five years and there are no work restrictions on the holders of the EEA family visa.

Indefinite Leave to Remain In the UK

An application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK can be made after five years of continued residence by the applicant providing he or she can demonstrate that the EU national upon who they are dependent has continued to exercise his or Treaty rights throughout this period.

Vincent Solicitors and Affordable fees

We cater to the needs of our clients by offering affordable fees and the option of flexible payment terms. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of your instructions, we are happy for you to pay in instalments; we will accept half of the agreed fixed fee at the time of initial instructions with the balance to be paid upon submission of the application.

Vincent Solicitors and SRA Compliance

We are a firm of solicitors that is authorised and regulated by the SRA to provide immigration advice. Your matter will be dealt with by qualified immigration solicitors from instruction through to completion of your immigration matter. Get in touch for a free initial consultation.