Entertainer Visitor Visa

If you wish to come to the UK for a short time to take part in a music festival, arts festival, charity event or something of the like, then you may be able to come on an Entertainer Visa.

You must meet with the eligibility requirements listed below in order to qualify for this visa, please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options available to you.

You can come to the UK on an Entertainer Visa if you are;

  • An entertainer
  • From outside the EEA or Switzerland
  • Meet all relevant eligibility requirements


You will have to show that you are coming to the UK;

  • To take part in a performance either individually or in a group
  • Taking part in a music competition
  • To perform at a major permit free listed festival 
  • To be part of the technical support staff of the person with the Entertainer Visa
  • As a professional part of the entourage i.e stage manager
  • As an Internationally famous person taking part in a free broadcast or performance


Whilst you are here on a Entertainer Visa you are not allowed to receive payment unless it is for performing at a permit free listed festival or if payment is from taking part in a music competition.

If you are coming to the UK for any other paid performance you will have to apply for a Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa.

Visit Visas should be applied 3 months before intended travel and a decision on your application should be made within 3 weeks, you can check the guide processing times here.

The Visa is valid for up to 6 months or up to 1 year if you are on a academic visitor visa. You can extend your visa for a maximum of 1,2, 5 or 10 years as long as each stay does not exceed 6 months.

Those travelling on this visa can bring family members, but they must apply on a child visitor visa or a general visit visa

Requirements for an Entertainer Visitor Visa

– Genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by the applicant and not exceeding 6 months or 12 months for those seeking entry as an academic visitor

– Intention to leave at the end of period of stay as stated on the visa

– Has no intention in taking any paid employment in the UK

– Has no intention of selling goods or providing services in the UK

– Has no intention of undertaking any type of course of study unless it is deemed to be permitted study

– Will maintain themselves financially and accommodate themselves and any dependants that they have without using public funds i.e by relatives or friends

– Can show that they can afford their onward journey from the UK or return to their home country

– Applicant cannot be a person under the age of 18

– Has no intention of marrying or entering in to a civil partnership whilst in the UK

– Has no intention of receiving private medical treatment

A decision can be made in 8 weeks for this Visa, however there is a premium same day service available at an extra cost

This Visa is a short term visa only, should you wish to come to the UK again to carry out further business we would be happy to assist you with this once you return to your country of residence. You can apply for a long-term visit visa if you are frequently visiting the UK but you must be able to show that there is a genuine need for this and ensure that you return home after every scheduled visit as per your visa restrictions.

Vincent Solicitors and Affordable fees

We cater to the needs of our clients by offering affordable fees and the option of flexible payment terms. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of your instructions, we are happy for you to pay in instalments; we will accept half of the agreed fixed fee at the time of initial instructions with the balance to be paid upon submission of the application.

 Vincent Solicitors and SRA Compliance

We are a firm of solicitors that is authorised and regulated by the SRA to provide immigration advice. Your matter will be dealt with by qualified immigration solicitors from instruction through to completion of your immigration matter. Get in touch for a free initial consultation.