Family Visitor Visa
You can come to the UK on a family visitor visa if you are visiting a family member in the UK and you’re outside the EEA and Switzerland and that you meet the eligibility requirements.
You will receive a decision on your visa within 3 weeks of application, however you can check the length of time it will take dependant on your country here. You can apply for your visa 3 months before you intend to travel to the UK.
Your Visa is valid for 6 months on a family visitor visa and there is options to extend to a maximum of 60 pounds if your visa was valid for less than 6 months.
You must meet with the eligibility requirements listed below in order to qualify for this visa, please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options available to you.
Requirements for a Family Visitor Visa
– Genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by the applicant and not exceeding 6 months or 12 months for those seeking entry as an academic visitor
– Intention to leave at the end of period of stay as stated on the visa
– Has no intention in taking any paid employment in the UK
– Has no intention of selling goods or providing services in the UK
– Has no intention of undertaking any type of course of study unless it is deemed to be permitted study
– Will maintain themselves financially and accommodate themselves and any dependants that they have without using public funds i.e by relatives or friends
– Can show that they can afford their onward journey from the UK or return to their home country
– Applicant cannot be a person under the age of 18
– Has no intention of marrying or entering in to a civil partnership whilst in the UK
– Has no intention of receiving private medical treatment
You can extend your visa for a maximum of 1,2, 5 or 10 years as long as each stay does not exceed 6 months.
This Visa is a short term visa only, should you wish to come to the UK again to carry out further business we would be happy to assist you with this once you return to your country of residence. You can apply for a long-term visit visa if you are frequently visiting the UK but you must be able to show that there is a genuine need for this and ensure that you return home after every scheduled visit as per your visa restrictions.
Vincent Solicitors and Affordable fees
We cater to the needs of our clients by offering affordable fees and the option of flexible payment terms. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of your instructions, we are happy for you to pay in instalments; we will accept half of the agreed fixed fee at the time of initial instructions with the balance to be paid upon submission of the application.
Vincent Solicitors and SRA Compliance
We are a firm of solicitors that is authorised and regulated by the SRA to provide immigration advice. Your matter will be dealt with by qualified immigration solicitors from instruction through to completion of your immigration matter. Get in touch for a free initial consultation.