Prospective Marriage Visa- Fiancee Visa

If you are in a relationship with a British citizen or a person settled in the UK you can apply for entry clearance to come to the UK to marry and then to settle with your UK partner. The visa is issued for an initial period of six months, which allows you time to make the wedding arrangements and then marry, in some instances you can apply for an extension if you were not able to marry within the allocated six month period.

You must meet with the eligibility requirements listed below in order to qualify for this visa, please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options available to you.

Qualifying Criteria to Obtain the Fiancee Visa are as follows;

  • you and your partner must be aged 18 or over at the date of application to apply for a UK fiancé visa;
  • your partner must not be related to you in a way that means you could not marry in UK law;
  • you and your partner must have met in person;
  • your relationship must be genuine and subsisting;
  • you must be seeking entry to the UK to allow your marriage or civil partnership to take place;
  • any previous relationship must have permanently broken down (this does not apply to certain polygamous relationships);
  • you and the applicant have the intention to live together permanently;
  • You are able to meet with the minimum income threshold requirement of £18,600 for sponsoring the settlement in the UK of your partner. There is a higher threshold for any children also sponsored; £22,400 for one child and an additional £2,400 for each further child;
  • Be able to house yourself and your dependants entirely without recourse to public funds; and
  • Meet with the English language requirement as stipulated by the UKVI.


Vincent Solicitors and Affordable fees

We cater to the needs of our clients by offering affordable fees and the option of flexible payment terms. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of your instructions, we are happy for you to pay in instalments; we will accept half of the agreed fixed fee at the time of initial instructions with the balance to be paid upon submission of the application.

Vincent Solicitors and SRA Compliance

We are a firm of solicitors that is authorised and regulated by the SRA to provide immigration advice. Your matter will be dealt with by qualified immigration solicitors from instruction through to completion of your immigration matter. Get in touch for a free initial consultation