UK Tourist Visa- UK General Visitor Visa

General Visitor or Tourist Visa is the most common type of Visa issued and applied for in the UK. And are for those people who are coming to visit as a tourist or visiting friends and family. You can apply for a general visitor visa is you are from outside the EEA and Switzerland.

The most important issue which the Home Office will be wary of is the intention of the applicant, who must show that he or she is genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor and intend to leave the UK at the end of his visit, and there must not be an intention to seek and take employment whilst in the UK.

You must meet with the eligibility requirements listed below in order to qualify for this visa, please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options available to you.

Requirements for General visitors

– Genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by the applicant and not exceeding 6 months or 12 months for those seeking entry as an academic visitor

– Intention to leave at the end of period of stay as stated on the visa

– Has no intention in taking any paid employment in the UK

– Has no intention of selling goods or providing services in the UK

– Has no intention of undertaking any type of course of study unless it is deemed to be permitted study

– Will maintain themselves financially and accommodate themselves and any dependants that they have without using public funds i.e by relatives or friends

– Can show that they can afford their onward journey from the UK or return to their home country

– Applicant cannot be a person under the age of 18

– Has no intention of marrying or entering in to a civil partnership whilst in the UK

– Has no intention of receiving private medical treatment

You can extend your visa for a maximum of 1,2, 5 or 10 years as long as each stay does not exceed 6 months.

This Visa is a short term visa only, should you wish to come to the UK again to carry out further business we would be happy to assist you with this once you return to your country of residence. You can apply for a long-term visit visa if you are frequently visiting the UK but you must be able to show that there is a genuine need for this and ensure that you return home after every scheduled visit as per your visa restrictions.

Vincent Solicitors and Affordable fees

We cater to the needs of our clients by offering affordable fees and the option of flexible payment terms. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of your instructions, we are happy for you to pay in instalments; we will accept half of the agreed fixed fee at the time of initial instructions with the balance to be paid upon submission of the application.

 Vincent Solicitors and SRA Compliance

We are a firm of solicitors that is authorised and regulated by the SRA to provide immigration advice. Your matter will be dealt with by qualified immigration solicitors from instruction through to completion of your immigration matter. Get in touch for a free initial consultation.