Sports Visitor Visa
If you wish to come to the UK for a short time to take part in a sporting event, sports related activity or something of the like, then you may be able to come on a Sports Visitor Visa
You must meet with the eligibility requirements listed below in order to qualify for this visa, please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options available to you.
You can come to the UK on an Sports Visitor Visa if you are;
- A sportsmen
- From outside the EEA or Switzerland
- Meet all relevant eligibility requirements
You will have to show that you are coming to the UK;
- To participate and play in a tournament as an individual or as part of a team
- Negotiate a contract relating to sporting activities
- To Take part in charity events or media broadcasts
- To join an amateur team
- To participate in training as a team or individually
- To support a sportsmen as technical support i.e. coach
- To take part in a trial, along as it is not in front of an audience
Whilst you are here on a Sports Visitor Visa you are not allowed to receive payment unless it is awarded as prize money or if payment is for travel expenses etc.
If you are coming to the UK for any other paid performance you will have to apply for a Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa.
You should apply for your Sports Visitor Visa, 3 months before intended travel and a decision on your application is usually made within 3 weeks of submission of the application. You can check the guide processing times here.
The Visa is valid for up to 6 months. You can extend your visa for a maximum of 1,2, 5 or 10 years as long as each stay does not exceed 6 months.
Those travelling on this visa can bring family members, but they must apply on a child visitor visa or a general visit visa.
Key Criteria for the Sports Visitor Visa
– Genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by the applicant and not exceeding 6 months or 12 months for those seeking entry as an academic visitor
– Intention to leave at the end of period of stay as stated on the visa
– Has no intention in taking any paid employment in the UK
– Has no intention of selling goods or providing services in the UK
– Has no intention of undertaking any type of course of study unless it is deemed to be permitted study
– Will maintain themselves financially and accommodate themselves and any dependants that they have without using public funds i.e by relatives or friends
– Can show that they can afford their onward journey from the UK or return to their home country
– Applicant cannot be a person under the age of 18
– Has no intention of marrying or entering in to a civil partnership whilst in the UK
– Has no intention of receiving private medical treatment
A decision can be made in 8 weeks for this Visa, however there is a premium same day service available at an extra cost.
Vincent Solicitors and Affordable fees
We cater to the needs of our clients by offering affordable fees and the option of flexible payment terms. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of your instructions, we are happy for you to pay in instalments; we will accept half of the agreed fixed fee at the time of initial instructions with the balance to be paid upon submission of the application.
Vincent Solicitors and SRA Compliance
We are a firm of solicitors that is authorised and regulated by the SRA to provide immigration advice. Your matter will be dealt with by qualified immigration solicitors from instruction through to completion of your immigration matter. Get in touch for a free initial consultation.