Intra Company Transfer – Tier 2 ICT Visa
The Tier 2 Intra – Company transfer allows multinational companies to transfer employees to their overseas UK branch of the organisation, either on a long-term basis or short term assignments. Currently there are 4 sub-categories for the Intra company transfer visa:
- Long-term staff – This visa category allows the company to transfer employees to the UK branch of their organisation more than 12 months to fill a post that cannot be filled by a new recruit from the resident workforce.
- Short-term staff – This visa category allows the company to transfer employees to the UK branch of their organisation for 12 months or less to fill a post that cannot be filled by a new recruit from the resident workforce.
- Graduate trainee – This visa category allows the company to transfer recent graduate employees to a UK branch of the same organisation, as part of a structured graduate training scheme which clearly defines progression towards a managerial or specialist role.
- Skills transfer – This visa category allows the company to transfer new graduate employees to a UK branch of the same organisation to learn the skills and knowledge required so that they can perform their job overseas, or to impart their specialist skills or knowledge to the UK workforce.
Qualifying Criteria for a Tier 2 Intra – Company Transfer (ICT) Visa and Points Available
In order to make a successful application for a Tier 2 ICT, the applicant must score a total of 60 points (or 70 points if he or she wants to extend his or her stay in the UK to more than 3 years).
- Tier 2 – Certificate of Sponsorship 30 (or 50 if applying to extend your stay);
- Tier 2 – Appropriate Salary and Allowances 20 points;
- Tier 2 – Maintenance (funds) 10 point; and
- Tier 2 – English Language Ability 10 points (you are only required to meets with the Tier 2 points based requirement if you extend your stay in the UK for more than three years.
The requisite skill level in order to qualify for this application is NVQ Level 6 or above as indicated in the codes of practice.
Can I Switch To Remain Under Tier 2 Intra-Companies Transfer?
You can apply to switch into Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer – Long-Term staff) without leaving the UK if you are currently here in one of the following immigration categories:
- Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer – Established staff);
- Tier 2 (Intra – Company Transfer), under the rules in place before 6 April 2010;
- Intra-Company Transfer work permit holder (except multiple entry work permits); and
Representative of an overseas business (including representatives of overseas media companies).
Vincent Solicitors and Affordable fees
We cater to the needs of our clients by offering affordable fees and the option of flexible payment terms. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of your instructions, we are happy for you to pay in instalments; we will accept half of the agreed fixed fee at the time of initial instructions with the balance to be paid upon submission of the application.
Vincent Solicitors and SRA Compliance
We are a firm of solicitors that is authorised and regulated by the SRA to provide immigration advice. Your matter will be dealt with by qualified immigration solicitors from instruction through to completion of your immigration matter. Get in touch for a free initial consultation.