UK Student Visa

You can apply to come to the UK on a general student visa if you are in post 16 education. If you are aged between 4-17 you will need to apply for a Tier 4 Child student Visa.

You can make an application 3 months prior to commencing your course in the UK as long as you can satisfy the following criteria;

  • Minimum age of 16
  • Have been offered a place of study
  • Have a good understanding of the English Language
  • From a country outside the EEA
  • Meet with maintenance requirements i.e be able to support yourself and pay for your course

Conditions of study

The course which you are intending to commence must satisfy the following;

  • Full time course at the minimum NQF Level 6
  • Full time course with a minimum of 15 hours of daytime study below degree level but above NQF Level 3
  • Foundation programme for postgraduate dentist or doctors
  • An overseas degree equivalent to a UK higher education  course

Confirmation of Acceptance For Studies – CAS Letter

Once you have been offered a place on a course, your course provider will issue you a CAS letter which confirms acceptance of your course. The CAS letter will have a reference number which you will need in order to apply for your visa. After you have received your CAS letter you have a window of 6 months to apply for you visa application

Points Based

Tier 4  General applications is a points based application and your student visa will only be accepted if you attain the requisite amount of points for both the Certificate of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) and for maintenance of funds. Maintenance is dependent on your situation and where you will be living and studying in the UK

Tier 4 Student Visa Permissions

Dependent on your individual circumstances you may be able to work, apply from outside of the UK, apply to extend your stay. You cannot seek access to public funding or work as a professional sportsperson. You may be able to bring dependants if you meet with certain criteria also. Tier 4 Student Visas are valid dependent on your course and what you have previously studied and completed

Health Surcharge

Health Surcharge is payable for a Tier 4 Student applications.

Tier 4 Licensed Sponsors (Colleges/Universities)

Although we do not provide you with licence of sponsorship, you can check for a concise list of accepted sponsors available on the Home Office website here.

Vincent Solicitors and Affordable fees

We cater to the needs of our clients by offering affordable fees and the option of flexible payment terms. If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of your instructions, we are happy for you to pay in instalments; we will accept half of the agreed fixed fee at the time of initial instructions with the balance to be paid upon submission of the application.

Vincent Solicitors and SRA Compliance

We are a firm of solicitors that is authorised and regulated by the SRA to provide immigration advice. Your matter will be dealt with by qualified immigration solicitors from instruction through to completion of your immigration matter. Get in touch for a free initial consultation